Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

We celebrate our Christmas on New Years Day because we have to get to together for our traditional meal. We might have Thanksgiving on a different day but are always together on New Years Day. We went to my Mom's in Topeka. Jennifer came from Wichita and Tom was there. We had ham, black-eyed peas (for luck), turnip greens (for money), cornbread, rice (for fertility, like we need this), pickled beets and her pink "fluff". This is our meal. It was so good, with leftovers for everyone. Then we exchanged Christmas gifts. I think we were very good this year. What do you think?  Here are the pictures from the day.


   Here is Mom with the first of the gift cards that she got. She seems to like those.


Here is RJ with the first of many gift cards. I am sure that he will take me along with him.


Here I am with the start of my gifts. This one is from Jennifer. Replacement for the gown I left in a hotel room on our trip.  Thanks Jen.


 Here is Tom opening his gifts. He got a restaurant gift card, bread and dipping oil.


Guess what Jennifer got? A KINDLE! She is such a bookworm that we thought she would enjoy something like this.


Here are my gifts from Boston. The shirt fits great and I love the Boston Baked Beans. Thank Allison, Owen, Jake and Carrie.


Here is 3 generations, Mom, Jennifer and me. Sure missed Carrie this year. Will catch her next year and get another picture. Till then will continue to blog.

1 comment:

  1. Loved the pics! I was thinking of you all throughout the day. Happy New
    Year!

    ReplyDelete