Sunday, June 5, 2011

Today is my birthday!

Today has been a fantastic day. Started with a video call from Carrie. Got to see all of the family. Then RJ and I went to Lowe's to buy what we need to build our front deck. Came home and then we went to Home Depot and got some plants for the yard. Brought them home and then we went to Walmart and got Miracle Gro soil and more plants. Here are a few pictures of the plants that we got.


Here are double bloom Begonias, white, red, yellow, coral and pink.


Here we have blanket flowers, (gallo orange, red and dark bi-color), shasta daisy and Dianthus (Barbarini purple). I also got Autumn fern, Japanese painted fern and English Ivy.



Here are the plants after I repotted them. RJ helped me with this. These are going on the north end of the house.


These are also going to the north end of the house. They do not need full sun. I am going to make a flower bed and put rocks in it and place the plants around the areas so RJ does not have to mow there.


And these plants will go on the south end of the house. They need full sun. It will be like the flower bed on the north end. We signed up for a contest here for "extreme makeover" for the outside of our house. We are doing things that we were planning on doing. We just have a time frame now. The contest is over the end of June. I sure am enjoying this. RJ treats me like everyday  is my birthday.


While I was sitting in front of the house I saw a new bird. Has kinda orange head and chest with a brown body. Any idea what this is?

1 comment: