Saturday, June 11, 2011

Yard work

RJ and I have been busy outside when the weather is nice. Here are some of the projects that we have been doing.


Here is the porch that RJ built. He custom cut the stringers. At least now we can get into the front door. We have to finish the steps and put on the railing. When we finish we will have steps on both sides of the deck.


Here is the flower bed on the south side of the trailer that I made. Not much color in this. Hope the flowers will bloom more. I put the flowers in pots because I didn't know where the lines were in the ground.



Here is the flower bed on the north side that I made. I put colorful pots on this side. The ground was uneven so I filled the area up with rocks.



Here is an old man that I hired to do the work. He was cheap. Now we can enjoy the swing. I hope to clean it up and try to stain it.


Here is a view of the yard from the driveway. Because it faces east, we get shade in the afternoon. Now to finish the front deck and then move on to the back deck.

2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!! I love all the work you've been doing, you're really making a home for yourself. Glad to see the swing up and going again too. I'm so proud of the work that ya'll are both doing. I look forward to seeing it the next time I manage to get some time away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks GREAT! I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete