Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fall weather

With the sun shinning, I went outside to check out the yard. I was so surprised when I checked the garden. The is what I found, another pumpkin.

I saw a small bulb below a flower when we left. This pumpkin is bigger than the first one. Don't know if it will turn orange before Halloween. There was another bulb close to this one. Will wait and see. I also discovered two small green tomatoes on our hanging tomato plants. They are each about the size of a golf ball or 1 bite. Don't know if they will turn red.

Here is the first pumpkin. I guess you pick them when the stem dries up. I might just draw a face on it instead of cutting it up yet. Need to figure out what to do with the inside pumpkin. Will be looking at recipes.

When we got home you could see that quite a lot of leaves had fallen. Our deck was covered with leaves. But with the amount of trees around us, we have more to fall. Our Maple tree in the front yard has not turned red yet. Will take pictures when it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment