Friday, October 8, 2010

From the windy city of Chicago

RJ talked me into going to Chicago today. I was not sure with the traffic. But I am glad that we did. It was another beautiful day.

Here is the "L", their version of a subway. We were going to ride but could not figure out where to park to get on. You can click on the picture to get a closer view of the "L".

Then we happened to find the Chicago Bears football stadium. Of course it was by the water. Hopefully our next stop will be Soldier, Kansas.

Here is the flip side of the field. RJ liked this side of the stadium. And look what I found next door.

THE FIELD MUSEUM. RJ sure does get around.

This is the 10th anniversary of finding Sue. I had never seen this before but RJ had. She has big feet and very tiny arms. Don't know what the arms were good for, can't reach the ground or the mouth. This museum is great for kids, a lot of hands on items.

Has anybody seen my mummy? There was an Egyptian exhibit that I had not seen at the other museums. I was impressed with the displays although it was pretty dark in there and the flash would reflect in the glass.

 Here is a picture of the Willis Tower, formally known as the Sears Tower. I was happy just to see it, not to go up to the top.

Here is the skyline of Chicago. This is a few of the buildings.

This is our final shot of the waters, Lake Michigan. We are now headed toward the landlocked area of Kansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment